Nose surgery, also known as “rhinoplasty,” is a procedure designed to improve the size and shape of the nose and/or correct breathing problems associated with the nasal passage.
As the central feature of the face, the nose plays a significant role in determining overall facial harmony. Rhinoplasty helps create a nose that is in balance with the rest of the face by correcting the unsatisfactory results of genetic deformities or traumatic nose injuries.
How can rhinoplasty improve my nose?
Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular procedures in all of plastic surgery because of its ability to enhance facial harmony. Nose surgery can effectively achieve the following:
- Reduce the overall size of the nose
- Smooth out bumps and/or depressions on the bridge of the nose
- Narrow the bridge of the nose
- Change the size or shape of the tip of the nose
- Widen or narrow the size of the nostrils
- Adjust the angle between the nose and upper lip
- Straighten the septum to improve breathing
- Performed under general anesthesia
- Incision is made across the columella under the nose
- Allows the most visibility for the surgeon during the procedure
- Performed under either intravenous sedation or general anesthesia
- Incisions are made on the inside of the nose
- Shorter surgical and recovery time